Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Sophie & Chloe take New York




Do you know what it's like to continually want to burst into rap and song for ten days straight? I'll tell you what it's like; brilliant. 

You know when crowds explode into song in musicals, all in unison, and you think "how would that even be possible?" Well I feel like that kind of thing just happens in New York.  Public and spontaneous song isn't a big deal in the big apple as Chloe and I discovered while innocently travelling on  the subway to Brooklyn. The incredible soul singer on the subway that day was among the most tame of things we witnessed on our trip.


Below is the song that played in my head throughout the entire trip...



New York is full of nut jobs. Absolutely crammed full of crazy people. And its amazing! I couldn't have counted the amount of times Chloe and I shot each other worried/amused/confused expressions while exploring the concrete jungle, all at the expense of the forever entertaining city dwellers. We even managed to spot two minor, and I really mean minor, celebs. Gordo and Patricia Field ... you see why I empahised the minor? Yeah. We were pretty pleased with ourselves anyway.
Spot the feline... it stared straight at Chloe for almost the entire journey from Manhattan to Hoboken. Better than the elderly man who sang Drake-"started from the bottom" all over the carriage i suppose.

We did everything we wanted to do which was brilliant, ten days was the perfect amount of time.
Here are some tourist pics!
Our favourite: Bryant Park. Right beside a Chipotle woopwoop!

New York Yankees vs the Chicago White Sox!
Thanks Ross for taking us here it was unreal!
( we won )

...Shake Shack. That is all. 
XOXO.. Gossip Gi
Brooklyn Zoo

Our day trip to Rye, the prettiest town ever.
Here we are sitting on the steps of the house my mum spent a year living in! 



Staten Island Ferry, to see lady liberty
In the amazing Hoboken on our first night 

Almost filled my suitcase for Otis
Leigh, illegally plying me with swall on
 the fab
SATC tour



And that's only a fraction of what we got up to. The food was good, and that's a vast understatement. A slice of pizza bigger than my head cost $1 and tasted like tomatoey heaven. And the bagels! And the candy! And the shops!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen so many colours of trainers in my whole life it was over whelming. I'm worried I may have actually raised my blood alcohol levels with the amount of perfume I spritzed myself with every time we came near a Victoria's Secret store.

We visited the Met Museum which was so huge we had to ask for directions while inside and google the locations of certain paintings . Thank god for public WiFi eh! On a Thursday night we went to the Bowery Ballroom to see Reigning Sound. The rock band was totally shown up by the insane support act, covering some of my favourite soul classics.

So yes, it was absolutely amazing. I definitely have a new favourite city and want to plan my return immediately!! A special thanks to Leigh and Ross our marvellous hosts who couldn't have been more amazing! Also to the hilarious and gorgeous Ben and Katie who we both miss :(
Beautiful Katie who made us laugh constantly

Ben looking cool in China Town-
Seriously this boy is too cute,
I have no doubt that having a "funny Ben half hour"
will soon be a recognised phrase in the Oxford
dictionary. 
























I can't sign off without a shout out to Alfie who I think it's safe to say will be missing Chloe, his forbidden lover... He was great and I appreciated being able to offload my puppy cuddling on him in Otis' absence.

So I can leave you with the following advice: Go west! From Ireland... and then stop when you get to New York... and stay there... forever... never ever return... you will be sad... okay? Yeah okay.





No comments:

Post a Comment