Its true that NYC has one of the best Metro systems around, provided you dont have a buggy (stroller) and dont travel during track upgrades. We have now learnt after this weekend to pre plan routes taking into consideration track works! A simple journey from 42nd street to Queens Flushing Meadows on the 7 train included multiple transfers and carrying buggy up and down steps! Anyway we got to all our destinations in the end and had great fun and had a lot of excercise in the process.
Leigh :
Moan moan moan Ross, nobody wants to hear your rants they want to hear about what adventures we had with the kids!! Our lengthy journey eventually got us to Queens zoo where Ben had a fabulous day seeing all the animals and an extra treat at the end where they had a fairground. Katie enjoyed it too though it was through her endless smiles and cooing at passerbys where she got her enjoyment lol!
Ben even made a friend and within a few minutes of introductions {ie.shaking the railing together} went in for a big hug, guess it was immediate attraction!!
Unfortunately didnt get it on camera as he was such a quick operator much to his daddy's delight!
Great day all in all followed by a lovely chinese meal in China Town where I was tempted to get the fried lamb intestines in pigs blood but decided on the fried fish with chilli, pepper and cumin with a few cheeky Tsing Tao beers!
One of Bens most exciting moments of the day on the choo choo at the fairground bless him.
And by the time we got on the train home Ben had went that step beyond tiredness into slightly hyper crazy mode and yelled everytime we passed a train in excitment (ie every few minutes) lets just say I was glad I had a few beers in me by that stage.
Day 2 of weekend
Started the day with a run up 5th avenue where I passed a fashion shoot and then into Central park and I loved it, so much happening in the park and many many runners I did feel like a real New Yorker for the morning!
![]() |
| Dreaming I was in that limo arriving at Tiffany's. |
![]() |
| The famous Plaza hotel over looking the park. |
![]() |
| Ross missed the baseball ,lazy bones in bed! |
![]() |
| Fairground in central park. |
Our day started pretty much like yesterday with train mishaps and endless walking trying to get to Brooklyn Flea Market. I was feeling a bit on edge as we ended up walking through some run down areas, but Ross said 'at least you can tell people you seen the real Brooklyn'. I was never so glad 2 and a bit hours after we had left the apartment to finally arrive at the market. The boy done good......it was amazing loads of vintage furniture, clothing, handbags, jewelry, shoes etc I could've spent hours in it but we only had 1hour and a half as it took us so long to find it mmmm.... maybe that was Ross's plan! But I did manage to pick up just a few bargains!!!
![]() |
| Ben loving the Chips! |
![]() |
| Who was it!? Who ate the last chippies! |
![]() |
| Thats it! Me and Katie are filling for DIVORCE from our Parents! |
![]() | |||
| Katie was like a wee puppy dog loving the wind in her face lol! |
Thought of Alfie when I seen this dog!!
Had a great weekend I must say but many times did I think of my big sis (auntie dodo) how I would have loved having her with me running through central park and shopping at the flea market, Ross is no good at fashion advice and way to lazy to get up for an early morning run!!! Especially as its her birthday in 3minutes time!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO WISH YOU WHERE HERE..................................
Only 8weeks and 4days til we see each other again truly can't wait!
![]() | ||||
| And tell Alfie we have a new bed ready for his arrival. xxx |

































No comments:
Post a Comment